Friday, March 13, 2009

Books, books, books!!!

Lately I have been burning up the book shops and buying 'how to...' books like crazy. Unfortunately living in Canada inhibits my ability to attend the many workshops and retreats held Stateside. I tell myself the books are my answer and substantially less expensive than the airfare...lol...at least that is how I justify my purchases to my long suffering husband! Somerset Publications are my new weakness...The only 2 I have managed to avoid are Stamping and Dolls...

I have 3 more books on my hit list plus a DVD.

  1. Stephanie Lee's Semi Precious Salvage: Creating Found Art Jewelry
  2. Michael  de Meng's Secrets of Rusty Things: Transforming Found Objects into Art
  3. Linda and Opie O'Brien's Metal Craft Discovery Workshop
  4. Susan Lenart Kazmer's Making Connections: A Handbook of Cold Joints for Jewelers and Mixed Media Artists
  5. DVD by Susan Lenart Kazmer: Making Connections: Making Cold Connections with Rivets
I know...I said 3 books didn't I?? See my problem...??? Sometimes I think I get hung up on having the books and all the "right" supplies just to avoid making something. 'sigh' Will have to get a grip on that!

1 comment:

  1. Have you watched the DVD yet? Did you find it at the book store...or was it in the book (Susan Lenart Kazmer) I didn't catch that you made that book from Stephanies book....You REALLY did a fantastic job on it.

    ReplyDelete